At Affiliated Healthcare Centers, our orthopedics doctor treats all types of painful conditions through various effective methods of pain relief specific to your injury or condition. Our treatment options have helped many patients find relief from debilitating pain due to chronic and severe conditions. We work to restore mobility and function back to the bones, ligaments, and joints in order to improve your quality of life.
Our orthopedics specialist, Dr. Thomas D. Riley IV, is a board-certified orthopedic expert with extensive training and experience in diagnosing and treating of a wide variety of conditions.
He has successfully treated many injuries and conditions, including:
- Degenerative joint disease
- Joint pain
- Knee pain
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
He has also treated more severe cases through specialized treatments, including:
- Advanced Arthroscopic techniques of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle
- Total Joint Replacement: Shoulder (including reverse), Hip and Knee
- Partial Knee Replacement (including robotic-assisted)
- Shoulder Resurfacing
- Ligament Reconstruction: ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, Patella
- Tendon Reconstruction: Pectoralis, Biceps, Triceps, Hamstring, Quad, Achilles
- Fracture Care/Fixation: Casting and Splinting
- Revision Total Joint Replacement: Shoulder, Hip & Knee
- Nerve Compression Release: Cubital and Carpal Tunnel, Popliteal, Peroneal
- Cartilage Preservation: OATS, MACI, Microfracture
- Instability Procedures: Bankart, MPFL
Who is Our Orthopedics Specialist?
Dr. Riley is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He has completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine and has a special interest in advanced, minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle. He also has extensive experience in joint replacement of the shoulder, hip, and knee, as well as partial knee replacements.
Dr. Riley has completed specialized training in robotic-assisted joint replacement and is one of the few orthopedic surgeons in the Miami area who performs shoulder resurfacing procedures.
His training and educational history include a rich scholarly background obtaining:
- Bachelor of Sciences - Villanova University
- Master of Sciences - Drexel University School of Medicine
- Medical Doctor - Temple University School of Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgeon - Marshall University School of Medicine
- Fellow of Sports Medicine - Miami Orthopedic Institute of Sports Medicine
Dr. Riley’s keen interest in sports medicine continued to grow as his training allowed him to treat many high-level athletes from well-known teams, including:
- Miami Dolphins: 2015-2016 Season including training camp, practice, and game coverage
- Miami Heat: 2015-2016 Season including practice and game coverage
- Florida International University Sports: 2015-2016 Season: Basketball and Soccer coverage
- Marshall University Football: 2013-2015: 2 Seasons, including practice and game coverage
- Boyd County High School Football: 2011-2013: practice and game coverage
- Huntington Prep Basketball: 2012: Winter Tournament game coverage
- He also had the opportunity to act as the Orange Bowl Team Physician in 2016 Miami, FL: Alabama vs. Clemson
Dr. Riley also performs specialized, nonsurgical injections and biologic and regenerative treatments such as:
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Amniotic Stem Cells
- Autologous Stem Cells
- Dermal Matrix Tissue
- Trigger Point & Soft Tissue Injections
- Intra-articular Injections
- Steroid & Biologic Injections
To set up a consultation with our orthopedics doctor in Miami, call (305) 666-8883.